South East Asia is becoming one of the most traveled destinations in the world – and for a good reason. It offers a verity of unique landscapes, diverse cultures, delicious culinary scene, virgin islands and hot sizzling metropolis. Add the fact that people in these areas are friendly to tourists and the prices are way cheaper than other areas in the world and you got yourself a wining product.
When we travel, we love staying in hostels. Even though the level of comfort frequently changes, it’s still the best way to meet new people and to create your in-house experience. Here are some of our recommendations for your next trip:
1) Vietnam backpacker downtown (Hanoi, Vietnam) – A very good party hostel located in the center of the old town (definitely the place to be in Hanoi). Dorm rooms are nice and big, hot water all the time and most importantly, between 17:00-18:00, they offer FREE beer to their guests. As a proper party hostel, things start to heat up as the night progresses and the highlight of the night is their own free pub crawl. This is definitely not a place for the weak hearted.
2) The hideout hostel (Saigon, Vietnam) – Another party hostel that excels in the right things. The facilities are nice but the location and atmosphere are top. You can have a drink in the hostel bar and after join their pub crawl or just do it yourself as the hostel is right in the center of the main party area. The breakfast is made to order and they’ll even make it to go if you are in a hurry.
3) Feliz hostel cafe & bar (Phnom Penh, Cambodia) – Nice and new hostel with a beautiful roof top bar and restaurant that serves original cocktails and some local delicacies. The staff is nice in a ridiculous way and makes you feel at home from the second you arrive. Located in the more touristic part of town with many local restaurants and bars along with some fast food chains.
4) Phangan Arena hostel (Koh phangan, Thailand) Imagine a hostel with a swimming pool, 24/7 bar with great local and western food, a free gym and an amazing soccer pitch. Not enough? add great location, friendly staff and some of the best parties on the island and you got yourself a hell of a place. We paid as low as 3$ for a night in a dorm. Unbelievable value for money!
5) 9 station hostel (Phu Quoc island, Vietnam) – The first reaction when you enter the 9 station hostel is wow! The owners of this hostel created a new standard in hospitality with a huge lobby and bar, furnished with the most expensive furniture and equipped with a professional sound system, a beautiful swimming pool, spacious showers and nice rooms. Value for money is a staunching as you can find a bed for as low as 6$! The island itself is very nice to visit and after staying in the 9 station you won’t want to leave it.
6) Bed One Block hostel (Bangkok, Thailand) – This cozy hostel offers clean, new facilities in a great location. Just outside the Bed One you will find a BTS (sky train) station that will connect you to every important area in Bangkok. The hostel staff is super friendly and will get out of their way to help you have a nice stay.
7) 88 Hill Top hostel (Phu Quoc island, Vietnam) – Yes, again Phu Quoc island and why not, these guys really know their hostels. The 88 Hill Top is literately located on a hill top thus for, it has an amazing view and a bar to go with it. The rooms are really big and every detail is thought of. The quality of 88 Hill Top will not shame any luxury hotel in the world but the price will..
8) P168 Capsule hostel (Samui island, Thailand) – Because it’s kind of a new (or not that new..) trend, we thought that it’s worth mentioning at least one capsule hostel. The best one we stayed in was the P168 in Samui island’s chewing beach. What’s the big deal with capsule rooms you ask? Well, it’s usually better then your regular bunk bed as you have complete privacy. In the case of the P168 you also get a really nice breakfast and it’s 50 meters from the beach.
If you think otherwise, please share your impressions with us.